In order to receive veteran or military education benefits at UW-Stout, there are a few steps you must complete:

  1. Apply to UW-Stout

  2. Contact UW-Stout Veteran Services, a Military Education Liaison/Office, or your County Veteran Service Officer (CVSO) to determine which benefits you may be eligible for.

  3. Apply for benefits – Ensure you apply for benefits with ample time before a term begins. Applications can take extended periods of time before being approved, possibly resulting in delayed payments.

    View more information about available benefit programs

  4. Complete a Veteran Benefits Worksheet online. This worksheet is used to notify our office that you are enrolled in classes and are requesting us to process your benefits. It must be completed once per term/semester that you would like us to process your benefits.

  5. Submit required paperwork. Each individual benefit requires different paperwork and applications. If you are unsure if you have submitted the correct paperwork, contact UW-Stout Veteran Services as soon as possible.

  6. Submit your military transcripts to UW-Stout. Receive college credit for military experience and training.

  7. Follow Up – If you ever have any questions or concerns, let us know how we can help.

Submit Your Veteran Benefits Worksheet
Document Dropbox

Contact Us

UW-Stout Veteran Services
109 Bowman Hall
Menomonie, WI 54751
Phone: 715-232-1659
Fax: 715-232-2436

Hours of Operation
Mon - Fri: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm CST

Sarah Godsave
Military Education Benefits Coordinator

Linda Young
Transfer Coordinator
715-232-1667 (Fax)

Visit the Transfer Website