The Minnesota Office of Higher Education and the State of Minnesota have an agreement that you may attend a Wisconsin university and pay the same fees that you would pay to attend a Minnesota university. An application must be submitted and approved before reciprocity rates can be adjusted.

To fill out a reciprocity form you can go to the State of Minnesota reciprocity web site,, scroll over Paying for College, click on online applicationtuition reciprocity complete  and submit the form electronically ( preferred method). 

  • Paper application forms are available online and must be mailed in
  • Apply for the school year you are or will be attending ( e.g.. 2009-10, 2010-11 ...)
  • You must apply before the last day of the term applying for.
  • You will receive an acceptance or denial at the end of your application, print and save for your records
  • There is a processing time, the accounts will not be adjusted immediately
  • If you miss a term ( Fall or Spring) you must re-apply
  • If you are transferring in from a different school you must re-apply
  • If approved for reciprocity, you will be charged at the Minnesota Resident tuition rate instead of Non-resident rates.

Further questions please contact: