The University accepts appeals of parking citations. The process for filing an appeal is as follows:
- An on-line written appeal is reviewed by the Parking Services Office.
- The Parking Services Office evaluates the appeal based on guidelines and criteria established by the Parking Appeals Board.
- The appellant is informed, by e-mail, of the hearing decision.
- The appellant is provided the option of appealing the initial hearing decision (Second stage).
A request for appeal can be made for any citation, although certain types of appeals WILL NOT accepted
Payment of a citation under
appeal is suspended without penalty during the appeal process.
A $10 processing fee may be added to the base fine amount for filing a frivolous appeal.
completed appeal form (forms are available from the Parking Services Office or by logging into the Parking Portal)
must be received in the Parking Services Office within 7 calendar days
from the date the citation was issued.
Late fines do not accrue until
the appellant has received notice of the Hearing Decision.
Appellants may request that their first stage appeal decision be
reconsidered by the full Parking Appeals Board. The process for filing a
second stage appeal is as follows:
- First stage appeals decisions establish a payment due date two weeks
from the date of the decision. Second stage appeals must be received in
the Parking Office by the due date shown on the first stage appeal
- Stage two appeals must be filed using a completed Second Stage Form available from either Parking Services or this web page.
- A deposit of the fine amount (check or money order) is required prior to review of your Step Two appeal to the full Parking Appeals Board.
- The fine amount deposit must be the amount due at the time of your first stage appeal.
- If your first stage appeal decision was upheld, the fine amount was
not reduced and the BALANCE DUE shown on your decision letter is the
- If your first stage appeal decision was reduced, the fine amount is NOT
the BALANCE DUE shown on your decision letter, but the amount due when
you filed your appeal. If you are uncertain about the deposit amount
call Parking Services at (715) 232-1792 to inquire.
- If the Appeals Board sustains the Step Two appeal, your fine deposit is returned.