If you have questions about experiencing sexual misconduct, getting help, or consent, please view our guide for Questions On Getting Help. This document provides answers to the following questions:
- Something happened to me and I think I’ve been raped. How do I know?
- What constitutes consent?
- How do I know if I’ve given consent or if my partner has given consent?
- I've experienced sexual violence. Where can I go for help?
- I’ve been sexually assaulted. Can I get a professional medical exam?
- If I talk to a campus resource or my Employee Assistance Program, will my personal information, such as my name, be kept confidential?
- I just want to talk to someone and I don’t want to file a report, or I’m not ready to decide if I want to report yet. Can I still get help?
- If I experienced sexual violence off-campus or before I enrolled or started working in the UW System, can I still get help?
- I’m concerned that the person who did this to me might retaliate.